Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sur-reality.

A new show opened in our theatre tonight. It defines itself as a show that makes "the unreal real". I felt a little unreal myself, when I walked into the lobby and discovered the fallen corpse of "Anty" from Honey I Shrunk The Kids (Don't even try to tell me you don't remember that too!)lying on the floor next to the coat check. Then I remembered grade school science class, and that ants don't have, like, 20 legs.
Turns out "Anty" is a dragon, and there's not enough room for him backstage with the cast of The Monkey King. He has also since been relocated into the back of the coat check so as not to be stepped on, or manhandled by, the patrons. I did see him once more though: halfway through the second act, a group of what I can only describe as the world's most slovenly ninjas (clad in red and black tie-dyed footie pajamas, obviously...) ran through, picked him up, and dashed into the back of the house to run him down the aisle and up onto the stage.
However, as that was all I saw of the show this evening, my review of Monkey King will have to wait until tomorrow. I may spend some time at the matinee spooning with Anty behind the coat check first though.

No comments:

Post a Comment